Philip Johnson’s Glass House, New Canaan, CT
Night Sounds was a performance series paralleling the exhibition Night (1947-2015) at Philip Johnson’s Glass House in New Canaan, CT. The program presented a new musician for each of the seven sculptural iterations of the slowly unfolding exhibition.
Night Sounds was supported by a grant from the Graham Foundation. Performances were documented by Derrick Belcham and are available for viewing via the images below.
1. Julianna Barwick (Fall 2012, with Ken Price)
2. ARP (Spring 2013, with Tauba Auerbach)
3. Raum (Fall 2013, with Jason Dodge)
4. Lucky Dragons (Spring 2014, with Vincent Fecteau)
5. Zhang Bao-Li (Fall 2014, with Lutz Bacher)
6. Bill Orcutt (Spring 2015, with Kevin Beasley)
7. Paul Flaherty (Fall 2015, with Isa Genzken)